Fruit Sticks are one in all my very favourite methods to assist the children discover fruit extra enjoyable—particularly once they’re reluctant to attempt new issues…and even fruits they appreciated final week! That is an exercise and snack the children might help make too!
Ah, fruit sticks. My not-so-secret approach to serve up all the fruit that my youngsters have been ignoring within the fridge! Critically, this immediately makes fruit extra enjoyable, makes use of up lingering fruit, and easily makes snack time extra participating. You are able to do it with fruit the children love, with fruit they’re studying to love, and you may make it for or with the children.
TIP: These are additionally known as “fruit kabobs” or “fruit wands”—it’s all the identical factor so decide the title you want finest!
Substances in Fruit Sticks
To make this enjoyable snack, you’ll want:
- Lower up fruit like melon, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, pear, grapes, and/or blueberry
- Paper lollipop sticks
TIP: Search for paper lollipop sticks close to the cupcakes provides of your crafts or massive field retailer. They don’t seem to be pointy like skewers, so they’re the most suitable choice for teenagers.
Tips on how to Make Fruit Kabobs Step-by-Step
Right here’s a take a look at the way to make this snack. Scroll all the way down to the underside of the publish for the total information.
- Prep the fruit.
- Add it to the lollipop sticks.
- Serve, including a dip if you would like!
TIP: I prefer to set out a plate of lower up fruit and berries and let the children assist assemble their very own sticks to make this right into a snack time exercise.
What age are these good for?
They work for about 20 months and up. Youthful youngsters can eat them, although it could be tougher to maneuver the sticks.
Can I make these forward?
You can also make them just a few hours forward and retailer within the fridge in an hermetic container, although any longer and the paper sticks could get somewhat soggy and the fruit can brown. A greater plan could be to prep the fruit and retailer that, then assemble the sticks proper earlier than serving.
Suggestions for Making the Finest Fruit Sticks
- These fruit kabobs are a good way to make use of up lingering fruit.
- Let the children decide the fruit they need on their sticks or assemble the sticks for them.
- We’ve finished rainbows, alternating colours or sticks with only one fruit!
- Serve on their very own or with yogurt for dipping.
- I like paper lollipop sticks since they aren’t sharp. Search for them close to the cupcake provides in a crafts or massive field retailer. They arrive in just a few lengths and any work.
- When you’ve got leftover fruit, place into an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge to make extra sticks later!
I’d love to listen to your suggestions on this concept, so please remark under! I’d love to listen to what your youngsters considered this concept.
You should utilize any fruit that the children like in these, although I most frequently do it with fruit that’s lingering within the fridge…it all the time helps that fruit all of a sudden grow to be extra enjoyable! You can also make as few or as many as you want—alter the amount of fruit as wanted.
- 2 cups assorted fruit equivalent to banana, kiwi, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and/or melon
- 6–eight paper lollipop sticks
- yogurt for dipping, elective
- Peel any fruit with a peel that must be discarded. Lower into chunks. Half grapes for teenagers below age four as wanted.
- Place onto paper lollipop sticks in any order you or the children like.
- Serve with yogurt (plain with somewhat jam or honey or flavored) for dipping if desired.
It is a good way to make use of up lingering fruit.
Let the children decide the fruit they need on their sticks or assemble the sticks for them. We’ve finished rainbows, alternating colours or sticks with only one fruit!
I like paper lollipop sticks since they aren’t sharp. Search for them close to the cupcake provides in a crafts or massive field retailer. They arrive in just a few lengths and any work.
When you’ve got leftover fruit, place into an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge to make extra sticks later!